Thursday, August 21, 2014

And so it begins.....college with a baby!

Well, I'm halfway through my first week of classes! SO far, So good!! I'm taking 5 online classes: Bio 168 (A&P 1), Eng 111 (Writing & Inquiry), Com 231 (Public Speaking), CIS 110 (Into to Computers), and Psych 150 (Gen Psychology. I got all the EC assignments done for Bio! It's been a little stressful! Trying to manage as best I can without medication and a bouncy baby girl who wants my books, my laptop, my notes --me! Even if Daddy is home, she wants me! lol! I understand. Babies have a special bond with their mother!

Back to the subject...lol! Classes have been a bit of a challenge because I feel easily overwhelmed when learning a new system...i.e. Blackboard and my new laptop with Windows 8....They're not terribly complicated they're just different than what I'm used to so it's stressful that I have to reteach myself how to do things. The start button on Windows 8 is NOTHING like the old Start Menu and where did my X go in the top corner to close the program...or should I say App. It's not been a fun transition but I'm sure once I get used to how it works I won't want to go back to Window 7! lol! I mean it already has one advantage, I can use the same apps I use on my phone on my computer! Like PicsArt! Yay! It's one of my favorite procrastination apps besides Facebook!

I am looking forward to getting through these classes with as little psychosis as possible! Hopefully, medicaid will get off their bums and approve my application. It's been 3 months! I know I can get through the classes without the meds. However, barely passing is not an option. I am determined to succeed with or without them!

I am determined to not let these invading thoughts stop me from reaching my goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment