Thursday, January 20, 2011

the road i have travelled is paved with good intentions and heartache.....

 Before I go into my rant I gotta tell you a funny story! We pull up to the red light is goes a little something like this:

#1 asks "Mom what is that NOISE!?!"
Me: Somebody's car music
(Bass loud enough to rattle my car!!)
#1: WHY do people DO that?
Me: I guess they think it makes them cool...
#1: Well, they're not cool! "Hey you, with the loud music! You're not cool so turn it down!"
#2 Yeah, you're soo not cool! Turn it down!!

They continue to rant like this until the light changes....I was laughing so hard I about pissed my pants!!

My daughters are so awesome! #1 is 7 & #2 is 5.


  I am for the most part a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda person.....I enjoy being spontaneous. I mean at the end of the day....you only live once so what do you have to lose?

   I finally went out with a friend I've been talking to for almost a year last night. We went to Cadillac Ranch. I was kind of worried it might not be his style but he was willing to try something new! To both of our surprise...he had an awesome time!! I taught him how to waltz, 2-step, copperhead road and even barn dance!! HE was a champ! Great on his feet and picked it up really fast! The first few times I warned him before I would spin but then I stopped and he was able to maintain very well. After one dance he even dipped me down so far I almost feared I would fall but I could feel the strength in his arms and I have to admit...it was kinda sexy! lol!

The night was definitely interesting...
   About 4 months ago I was working the overnight shift at McDs. This pretty hot guy came through the drive thru and as much as I wanted to flirt I decided not to. About 5 mins later he comes back through the drive-thru....."Did I forget something" I ask him. He says, "I just had to come back and ask you for your phone number. You seem like a really awesome girl and you're pretty hot" I NEVER give my number out to customers. I don't like to mix business with pleasure. But there was something about him so I did. We went out the next day. He came through the drive thru so late because he broke his ankle. Two days after we met he had to have surgery on his ankle. We got to spend about a week together before he had to go home to Va for convalescent leave. The break was so bad the surgery was going to have him nearly bed ridden for a month so he had to go home to have his family take care of him. We had an amazing time and he talked a good game about how he couldn't wait to get back to see where things would lead with us. The night before he left I was out with my friends. I didn't drive. We all ended up at another friend's house to crash for the night. He called me and begged me to come see him one last time before he left. I had no means to get there so he sent a cab and paid the $25 cab fare for me to come there and his room mate's girlfriend promised to take me to my car the next morning. I had to leave early because my girls had a soccer game. He wouldn't let me go, he begged me to stay until his family got there. But my kids come first.

   I have learned that while a lot of people have the best of intentions..... they rarely follow through. While I had hoped he would be as genuine as he said he was....I knew in the back of my head it would all fade away with him being gone so long. One month turned into two and we lost touch.

     Sooo....imagine my shock when I run into him at Cadillac Ranch last night. As soon as I saw him I asked Mike to hold on a second. As I stood up from my seat he saw me too. I spoke for about a min before I invited my date over. Didn't want any awkwardness since this was my first date with him. We all hung out and talked off and on throughout the night. My date asked if it was my ex and I told him it was complicated. I explained the story I explained above. He said he could tell there was something between us when I spoke to him about it today. So...back to last night...JH had a friend with him, BK. I didn't realize what was happening at first....but I did later. BK and I exchanged numbers cause he seems like a cool person to hang with. After we left the bar I texted with JH & BK a little. Then all stopped. A bit later I talk to JH and hear they got into an argument. Then BK calls me and I ask what the pissing match was about and he says guy stuff. After our conversation and I hang up I call JH back because a light bulb has just went off in my head. JH answers and I ask "Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm gonna say this pissing match has something to do with you and BK fighting over me" He responds "yeah, pretty much"

    HOLD ON!! You left....you faded away even though you had several means of contacting me and now you and your boy are gonna fight over who gets me when i wasn't even on a date with you? You led me on, you left me high and dry! I hoped you would be as genuine as you said you were and in the end....you're just like everyone else!! I said something to this extent to him today. *angry now* I don't let people get close to me. I don't let people in. Why? Because the pain just isn't worth it! I have had more than my fair share of pain and the last heartache I had ripped out my soul! It has been nearly a year and the would still has not healed. I have bent over backwards for people to be everything they wanted and had my heart ripped to shreds. I finally found someone who didn't make me do that, BJ and in the end the bond of trust was broken and my soul was gone. *somber* But everything happens for a reason. I am the person I am today because of what I learned about myself and how simple a relationship could be thanks to BJ. JH had me from the moment we first met. We spent hours and hours in all sorts of conversation and had an amazing time together in the end....he led me on and left me high and dry.

  At first I wasn't happy I was on a date with MW when JH appeared. But in the end I had an amazing time with him and had an amazing day talking to him. I have recently discovered his blog and in reading it have found him to be an amazing person. I don't really know what I'm ready for or what I truly want right now and I have been honest with him about this whole situation. I have been honest about how I and feel about him so far. I have nothing to hide. He is only the second person I have told about this blog. I do know one thing about this amazing guy.....other than he likes to steal my phrases for his blog *HAHA! You thought I'dlet you get away with that, didn't you!! LMAO*.....you know I'm teasing hun!.....at the end of the day, if nothing else happens....I know I have made an awesome friend.....

live your life to the fullest.....live your life for yourself and most of all be happy! In the end, the only person who can control your happiness is you. (you can borrow that one too if you like...lol)

1 comment:

  1. I think I can read the first paragraph over and over again and not get bored. LOL. especially the last line. :-) What makes you such a cool person is your bluntness and strength of character that allows you to be upfront and honest, no strings attached. That is one thing that I sensed when I first started talking to you. I had nothing to hide and no reason to hide anything. You are a risky investment no doubt about that but the few days I have spent with you joining you on the here and there, then over there journey around our town, have been great. I tested you when we almost didnt go out and you passed with flying colors. Just something about you that makes it easy to trust and stupid to lie to. Not sure what we will be in the future but not too concerned either. Having your friendship is enough for me. Cant wait to hit the floor again and make the guys and gals jealous...lol. Have fun at work, and try not to kill nobody.

    ReplyDelete