Sunday, January 16, 2011

What a weekend.....

So I thought I'd be able to change the dates and make a few posts...maybe I can I just don't know how yet...lol

Wondrous Water 
Friday, January 14, 2011

It's amazing how something as simple as water can make a day a living hell! So Fayetteville had a water main bust Thursday night. Didn't think much of it since I live in Raeford and work in Spring Lake (opposites sides of Fay)...I get to work Friday morning already knowing it's going to be a chaotic day because we're low on a lot of items and I'm gonna have to pull some strings to borrow from other stores and hope they have it. We are an extremely high volume store and in order to stay running when we have such an issue we have to borrow from SEVERAL stores to get enough product. Now we go back to the water situation. Apparently, the broken main caused a lot of water to be contaminated. Including Raeford & Spring Lake and we're not supposed to use the tap without boiling it for 5 minutes first. My company sells a TON of Tea & Coffee to the Army & Air Force Soldiers......We have makers that have water lines attached to them so we cannot just add water to the makers after boiling it. No coffee, no tea, no sodas, no OJ. We have bottled water (which we're almost out of), chocolate milk, white milk and milkshakes. It's breakfast time and it's 30 degrees outside! Oh and did I mention that it's the military pay day? Which translates into about 30% more customers than usual!! Luckily I had adequate staff if nothing else! The day was mad stressful and mad crazy and I was the only manager there from 5a-8a. Makes me more confident in my abilities since I'm a junior manager. Not even certified yet! lol! Technically, I'm not allowed to be in the store by myself or have access to the safe until I'm certified. 


   So, I get off work and go pick up my kids from school expecting to have a relaxing evening at home. Watch some movies, cuddle up on the couch. Then I get a call from the lady I DJ for on Sat nights. The computer that's been broken is in and she needs me to transport it and set it up for her. I grumble, get my kids together as well as a friend of mine who came over and we go get the computer. A job that should have taken 5 mins to set up ended up taking over an hour and still wasn't working. Luckily I had my friend with me and there's a pizza place next door to the bar because it's 30 degrees outside and my kids are NOT gonna be in a bar on a Friday night!! Back to the computer....when they mailed the computer back to us they didn't plug in the hard drive and I had to take it apart & plug it in. Luckily, I know what I'm doing for the most part. I get it all set up and now it won't show up on the TV. Boss lady says that they'll just use the computer monitor. I can't sound check anything because they've got quite a few people in there blasting the jukebox and the owner is a little bit of a witch! lol! We go back to my house and the 4 of us cuddle up on the couch and finally start watching a movie. About an hour later I get a call...."I need you to bring me the back-up disks, there's no sound coming out of the karaoke computer." It's 10pm. I've been up since 330a. I'm dozing off watching the movie s it is! Luckily my friend is still here and we all pile in the car and take her the disks. I fall asleep on the way to the bar and it's only a 15 min drive! Both the girls pass out too. We get back to the house, put the kids to bed and my friend leaves since I can't stay awake either!


A Day With The Kids......or so I thought....
Saturday, January 15, 2011


   Number 1 wakes up around 7am and comes and lays on the couch with me (they sleep in my room when they're here & I sleep on the couch) and watched TV while I sleep a little longer. She gets up, moves to the chair and Number 2 gets up comes out and takes her place! Number 2 is my love bug and my fighter! She puts her arm under my neck and tells me to lay my head on her chest! We also have our legs intertwined! So comfy! For the most part we have a really good day. We're about to get ready to go to Chuck E Cheese when I get a call from Boss Lady. She says she just called Tech Support and they're gonna call her back and she wants me to troubleshoot the CAV which is sitting in pieces in my living room. So, I wait and I wait and I wait getting more and more irritated that I should be spending this time with my kids! I understand she has no one else but sometimes I wish she'd just do things herself!! Tech Support never calls! By now it's time for me to go tear down the rest of the equipment from the bar she was at, take my kids back and set up the equipment at the bar I'm supposed to work at tonight! I just drop my kids off when I get the call saying that the owner of my bar doesn't want a DJ if the computer system isn't working because the back-up disks are crap! Wow, there goes my paycheck! Now I'm really angry. I could've kept my kids for another night! Oh well, too late now! 


Just another day....
Sunday, January 16, 2011
 
   My night turned out to be a lot better. Met someone I've been talking to online & decided to go out and do karaoke. We had an awesome time! We are definitely going to be really good friends! I slept like a baby last night! Got up around 8 this morning but didn't get out of bed til 1030! Went & had breakfast with Encyclopedia Steve. He leaves for language school on Wednesday. Gonna miss that crazy guy! It's been a fun year!  Got back home, cleaned house and now I'm gonna relax and play WoW! I'm such a nerd! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment