Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Tumble Down Effect

  It's amazing how one person's wrong bad decision can cause an entire day to go downhill. I usually open on Sunday mornings but now that I DJ on Sat nights I don't come in til 9am so I'm not running shift...the girl who ran shift today is notorious for cutting too many people early Sunday morning and leaving us strapped when the after church crowd comes in.....myself and 2 crew trainers tried to tell her not to send them home yet....but she did it anyway. Then since she's not paying attention to everything and has me locked into front counter position by myself I am unable to be fully aware of the rest of the operations in our store and I hear from the grill: "No Biscuits" WHAT! No biscuits? You might as well shut the store down! That means a minimum of 15 mins w/o biscuits because they have to scratch make them then cook them. This is fast food...people don't want to wait 15 mins for their food. Customers got cranky because of the lack of staff and now lack of food, which made the employees cranky from being fussed at by the customers. All because one manager who thinks she knows everything (and is my senior at that) made one wrong decision....oh but it get's better. Second in command comes in an hour after I do....assuming I opened and am running shift he starts in on me about the chaos that has ensued. I fill him in on what has really happened and he's even more mad. So, he puts me in charge and I manage to get things running pretty smoothly with what I have to deal with. It gets a little better but everyone is still fussy and on edge due to our shortage of staff....needles to say....my day at work: SUCKED!

   Been in a weird mood the last 2 days. So, I go to set up the equipment at the bar my boss DJs on Friday nights and realize I've left the amp at my house.....so I drive ALL the way out there and my garage door opener won't work. So I go around thru the gate into the back yard....go inside and turn in the lights: NOTHING! Get what I need and call my room mate....he checks online to find out his reoccurring payment has failed...luckily I already had plans to stay the night with Beau. Room mate says he'll call utility company tomorrow since it's already 7pm. My room mate is a pretty smart guy but "tomorrow" is Saturday and they're not open again until Monday. So, I make arraignments to stay with Beau all weekend. Wasn't really sure how I felt about staying 3 nights and not even having the option of being able to go home. I know how I feel now that it's Sunday night!! I wish I could go home! Not because I dislike Beau but because I don't like feeling like I have to be with someone for any reason. If I with someone I want it to be because I want to be with them. Not because I have to. I don't like being dependent upon someone else...that's how this makes me feel. If we were officially boyfriend and girlfriend I might not have a problem with it but because we're just dating...I don't know...I just don't like it.....

    Yeah....this has not been a good day at all....looking forward to going home tomorrow after work!

No comments:

Post a Comment