Monday, January 24, 2011

Serendipity.......or is it?

    I've always said that I know what I want and I'll know when I find it. . . .I've been on countless dates. I've met a lot of amazing guys who in some way or another either just weren't right for me or just as jaded as me and not really sure if they were willing to be with just one person.
  I have this friend whom I have had many conversations with online over the last year. He checks in on me every so often to see how my quest in finding Mr. Right is going. A couple months ago he began telling me about a friend of his he really thought I should meet....a friend of his girlfriend's. Like he said to me today when he called: he could understand why I was so hesitant when nothing has worked out for me so far....but now, I'm glad I finally took that chance. I worry about getting my hopes up but I trust my friend in knowing this guy is the real deal and just as genuine as I am. . . .my belief has only been confirmed more so in the last 48 hours.
   He calls me Friday as I'm going to set up my boss's DJ equipment and says he's driving back in from DC (he had to go up there for work) and wants to know if I wanna meet up for a drink or two. I agree. 3 hours later I'm still at the bar setting up the equipment....been having issues with our karaoke computer and tech support are a bunch of non-english speaking idiots. But we're not going to get into that...it will just piss me off more. So, I'm irritated and pissed off and call him to tell him I'm not gonna stay out because I'm exhausted and have to work in the morning. After another hour of dealing with this shit I decide....I need at least one drink to calm my nerves from dealing with the stupidity of tech support and the computer ignorance of my boss. So, I call him back and tell him ok, but I'm not gonna stay late....11 at the latest. 330am comes early! He shows up and we had really good conversation. My boss convinces me to do some karaoke and we finally decide to leave there about 1am to go to Waffle House. Make a last minute decision to stop at another place I used to DJ at. Stayed about 20 mins and then made it to Waffle House. The next thing we know, it's 215am! Since we BOTH live a good distance away from our jobs and BOTH have to be there at 5am, I realize we may be able to sleep an HOUR tops. So, I let him come crash with me. He was a perfect gentleman. Went to work, got home and CRASHED! I woke up just before he called to say he was on his way home from work. We met up at the bar I set the equipment up at, broke it down and transported it to the bar I'm supposed to DJ at on Saturdays. We go to his house, watched some TV, then got ready to go to where I'm DJing. We get out there and there is NOBODY in the bar. Just me, him and the owner. So she cancels the show. My best friend's daughter calls and says they're going to Victoria's (a female strip club) and we should join her and her friends. We make a pit stop at my favorite sushi restaurant before meeting them there.
    He's easy to talk to, very good looking, has a good stable job, is secure in who he is. He is romantic (other than the first date...lol....I have not opened a single door---he thought I might be put off by old school romance...or that I'd think he was just doing it to try and get in my pants). The way he looks at me makes me smile from ear to ear and feel butterflies in my tummy. I feel so at home and peaceful when he's there. I feel safe and secure. He is just as eclectic (hey, babe...there's that word again...lol) as I am. Musically and socially.
   So, we get to Victoria's and I spot my best friend's daughter. Guess what....they already know each other. He met her through her brother at the place he usually goes to. . . .a place that I have gone to many many times. . . .We had been sharing stories earlier about our friends. He had told me one about a girl he was playing pool with....he tells me...that was her. So I tell him remember that story I told you about Jules. He's like, wait, THAT Jules....yeah, he already met and knew my bestest friends in the whole world and yet, we had never met each other. . . .how strange is that!
   So, Victoria's is giving away tickets to the Crossfade concert. I mention that would be really cool. So, in order to win them you have to pick the mystery dancer and if you chose the right one you get the tickets. So, he gives me money later to get a lap dance after their midnight formal. I picked a girl Melinda really likes and shared my dance with her. Afterwards, the girl comes up to me and gives me the tickets. Was I just that lucky? No, my guy talked to the DJ and worked it out so that I won the tickets. How cool is that?
   We then decided to stop by the place where he met all my friends. I have DJed there before too and even though it was only ONE night almost a year ago, they still remember me. Not sure why but I guess I made an impression. It was me DJing that one night at this bar that introduced my bestest friends to this bar and the reason they still go there nearly every weekend to this day. Serendipity?
    The chain of events that led to this moment are beyond my wildest dreams. But I am content. I am happy and I feel at home. I don't want to spend a moment away from him but at the same time I don't want to over indulge myself. Another one of my sayings: Too much of a good thing can be disastrous.
    We went to Wal-Mart to get eggs and bacon for breakfast. While we were there we had a pretty raw conversation that ended in us doing what felt right, we made it official. I am his and he is my one and only. We got back to his place, put on Gabriel Inglesies, cuddle up and I fell asleep about 10 minutes later. We woke up this morning and he made me breakfast before taking me to work. I could have drove, my car is here (yeah, i'm with him now....we're watching another Gabriel Inglesies...love that guy!), but he wanted to. It was nice. Is it love. . . .not yet. . . .it's too soon for that. But I am definitely smitten.
   After nearly a week and only one day apart....I got to wait almost a week to see him again...he's out of town teaching a class. But, it's ok. I'm off work Sat & Sunday this weekend. Gonna be nice to stay with each other and actually be able to sleep in. . . . ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment