Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What A Day!

      I came to a realization today.....i now now why I am so silly and free in my personal life.....it's because I'm so hard on myself. I came to this realization while on my break today. I went back to the manager's office and just dropped to my knees at the desk...i was laughing and crying at the same time. Why, because I had the biggest day of my life at work today!! I have been at my current job since July 2010. I went to manager's training class in September 2010. The manager who taught my classes became my store manager two weeks later. I started opening the store and running my own shifts without another manager in November 2010. Today we had this big promotion thing going on. All 3 of our salaried managers were there. I was the lowest on the totem poll yet my manager had faith in my ability to do it and had ME run the shift. I was excited and nervous. More than ever in my life. Today is a big day for me to shine. Because this big promotional event also brought the BIG DOGS of the corporation in my store and watching my every move!! Talk about pressure!! But I did it! Moments before I went into the managers office...I spoke with our district manager who complimented me on a good job. Said there are still a few things I need to work on but I'm doing really well. I basically collapsed in utter relief that it was over and I nailed it!  Later before I left my store manager shakes my hand and says "Thank You, you did a great job today" He proceeded to tell me that he and the district supervisor were proud of my performance today. That I have great potential. I have come a long way in the last year since my divorce....

more to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment